When the content of the stomach goes to esophagus, the human feels burning behind the breast bone, bitter taste or sour in the mouth, and unpleasant belching. These symptoms are peculiar for heartburn. The heartburn passes but Prilosec is often used to treat chronic disorders of the digestion.
What is Prilosec?
Prilosec is a medicine of the new generation to treat and prevent heartburn and other disorders of the digestion system. It contains an active ingredient Omeprazole which has been approved by FDA and is for sale in most countries.
According to the data of the marketing studies, Prilosec is the most modern antisecretory drug for the treatment of the diseases of the gastro-intestinal tract caused by the increased secretory activity.
Prilosec inhibits the production of the hydrochloric acid in the stomach and lowers its activity. This drug gets its medical characteristics only after reaching the acid environment which is peculiar for the stomach. When the hydrochloric acid goes from the stomach to esophagus, there is a formation of the ulcer defects in the walls of the esophagus and the unpleasant symptoms appear. Prilosec helps to reduce the production ad acidity of the gastric juice and protects the mucous membranes against new ulcers.
Omeprazole is added to the obligatory list of medicines which are approved for the treatment of the gastric ulcer, and therefore it can be considered one of the best drugs for the recovery of the functions of the digestion system.
Indications for the use
- The active phase of gastric and duodenal ulcers.
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome.
- Arresting of gastroesophageal reflux (a reflux of the gastric content into the lower esophagus).
- Adjustments in hypersecretion of the gastrointestinal tract.
In what dose should be Prilosec used?
Prilosec should be used right before eating when a lot of the gastric juice is released. It is better to take it in the morning before breakfast. If the daily dose is divided into 2 times, the second part is used before going to bed in order to reduce the production of the hydrochloric acid at night.
- If gastric ulcer, Prilosec is used in the dose of 40 mg 2 times per day within 1-2 months.
- If erosive-ulcer esophagitis, Prilosec is used in the dose of 20 mg once per day within 1-2 months.
- To arrest one-time symptoms of the heartburn, it is recommended to take one pill of Prilosec 20 mg.
Children under 5 years are not prescribed Prilosec, however there are exceptions. The drug can be prescribed children under 5 years during acute diseases of the upper section of the digestion tract or during Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome. In this case, the daily dose of Prilosec is individual:
- Children with the body weight under 10 kg – 5 mg per day.
- Children with the body weight 10-20 kg – 10 mg per day.
- 20 kg and more – the standard daily dose 20 mg.
- Prilosec is contraindicated during pregnancy, lactation, or renal failure, and severe pathologies of liver
- Patients with intact diseases of liver are not recommended to take more than 20 mg per day
Using Prilosec in the first days, the side effects can happen: diarrhea, flatulency, dry mouth, agitation, sweating, and taste disorder. You should be ready for those side effects.
Where to buy Prilosec?
If you doctor prescribed you Prilosec, ask him where to buy this drug at the lower cost. If you do not have a prescription, you can buy cheap Prilosec in the online pharmacy.
You cannot buy Prilosec without prescription in the city pharmacies. A purchase of Prilosec online is completely legal and confidential. You can buy Prilosec at the low cost and order the shipment to your city. The shipment usually takes several days.