Infections caused by protozoa cannot be treated only with the help of the standard antibacterial products. The antibacterial therapy should be based on Flagyl which effectively kills protozoa and can enhance the action of the common antibiotics.
Flagyl is a brand name of Metronidazole. This is one of the most effective antiprotozoal drugs which has antibacterial activity on the pharmaceutical market.
Metronidazole is an effective antimicrobial and antiprotozoal product of the broad spectrum action. It acts to the anaerobic microorganisms and protozoa. Such bacteria as Trichomonas vaginalis, Giardia intestinalis, Peptococcus spp., Lamblia intestinalis and others are sensitive to the medicines.
The mechanism of the action of Flagyl consists in the affection of the cellular structure of protozoa microorganisms by means of the destruction of the main ways of bacteria nutrition. It interacts with DNA of the cells and prevents the further division of the pathogenic microflora.
Usage and doses
Flagyl is prescribed during infection diseases caused by protozoa: amoebiasis, trichomoniasis, amebic dysentery and liver abscess, endometritis, pseudomembranous colitis.
Dosage and length of the treatment depend on certain diagnosis and disease symptoms. The earlier the treatment begins, the faster Flagyl will neutralize the activity of the pathogenic microflora.
- If trichomoniasis, Flagyl can be used within 10 days, in the dose of 250 mg 2 times per day (the daily dose of 500 mg). A single use is possible in the maximal dose of Flagyl 2 g per day
- If anaerobic infections, Flagyl is used in the dose of 500 mg 2-3 times per day, within 7-10 days
- If lambliosis and amebiasis, Flagyl is used within 7 days, 500 mg 3 times per day
The Flagyl tablets should be used between meals, with enough water. Patients with severe diseases of kidneys should reduce the daily dose by two times because these patients have slow excretion of Metronidazole from the body.
Contraindications for the use
- Organic central nervous system diseases
- Blood disorders
- Children under 6 years
- intolerance of metronidazole or any other ingredients that are part of Flagyl.
- As ethanol can cause severe side effects during the interaction with Metronidazole, an alcohol consumption should be avoided
- Flagyl enhances the action of the indirect coagulants
- Cimetidine slows down an excretion of Metronidazole, and therefore a patient should be careful during the use of these medicines, and if necessary, the dose of Flagyl can be lowered.
Bear in mind that the side effects can appear in the first 2-3 days of using Flagyl: ataxia, dizziness, hallucinations, nausea, a metallic taste in the mouth, skin rash, dark urine, frequent urination.
If the side effects do not cause discomfort, the scheme of the treatment is not changed. In several days, they pass. If the side effects bother a patient, the use of Flagyl may be stopped.
Buy Flagyl online
Flagyl can be for sale in any pharmacy because this is one of the most demanded medicines on the modern pharmaceutical market. But in order to buy Flagyl in the city pharmacy, you need a prescription. If you do not have a prescription, you can order Flagyl without prescription in the online pharmacy.
Buying Flagyl without prescription on the Internet is completely legal. You just need to make the order and pay for it with the help of the band card. The speed of the shipment of Flagyl without prescription depends on the selected method of the shipment (post or courier service). You can buy Flagyl online without prescription at any time, in any city.