A pathogenic fungal microflora can cause many diseases. Most of them are asymptomatic but they can lead to severe complications including affections of the brain and central nervous system. The common antibacterial therapy is ineffective in the treatment of the fungal diseases, and therefore doctors recommend a drug Diflucan.
What is Diflucan?
Diflucan is antifungal medicine which contains Fluconazole. It copes with a fungal pathogenic microflora and is used only for the treatment of the fungal infections.
The medicine is active as to most known pathogenic fungi. Diflucan is effective for yeast fungi, yeast-like fungi, and also mold fungi. The mechanism of the action consists in the inhibition of the synthesis of sterol in the fungal cells. Due to this, they lose an ability to grow and begin to die.
Directions for the use
Diflucan can be used by adults and newborn babies. It almost does not cause side effects and is well tolerated. It can be also used to prevent fungal infections.
Diflucan is prescribed for:
- generalized candidiasis
- mucosal candidiasis
- Genital candidiasis
- Prevention of fungal infections in patients with malignant tumors
- Skin mycoses
Contraindications for the use
- Hypersensitivity to fluconazole and other ingredients
- galactose intolerance, lactase deficiency
- simultaneous use of terfenadine
Pregnancy is not contraindication for the use of Diflucan. The medicine is used for the prevention of the fungal infections in a newborn baby but it should be used with high caution.
The medicine is not recommended during lactation because Fluconazole penetrates into the breast milk.
Usage and doses
The daily dose of Diflucan depends on the character and severity of the fungal infection. In case of the vaginal candidiasis, a one-time use of the medicine is effective in most cases. In case of the chronic infections, the treatment should be continued till the complete disappearance of the medical symptoms of the disease.
- If genital candidiasis, Diflucan is used once, in the dose of 150 mg
- If candidiasis of the mucous membranes, the effective dose is 50-100 mg per day. The treatment lasts for 10 to 14 days
- If infections of the skin, including athlete’s foot, infections of the smooth skin and pelvic area, Diflucan is used in the dose of 150 mg once per week, within 3-4 weeks
- If Cryptococci infections, it is recommended to take Diflucan 200-400 mg per day, within 4-8 weeks depending on the disease severity
Children are prescribed an individual scheme of the treatment and dosage according to the age and body weight of a child. On the average, the dose of Diflucan for children is 3-6 mg per 1 kg of the body weight.
In most cases, the use of Diflucan is not accompanied by the side effects, however light side effects are still possible: headache, dizziness, stomachache, diarrhea, flatulency, and myalgia.
Where to buy Diflucan
A purchase Diflucan online is available to everybody. The shipment is performed by post or courier office, and it usually takes several business days. You can buy Diflucan online in any amount. It is more profitable to buy a big pack of Diflucan without prescription because a discount can be received and the expenses on the shipment will be covered.
In order to find out about all discount and methods of buying Diflucan online, you can contact a pharmacist who will reply all your questions.