Amitriptyline is a tricyclic antidepressant, one of the main representatives of this group. It is added to the list of the popular drugs for the depression treatment because it provides a fast action during any forms of depression.
Amitriptyline enhances a concentration of three active neurotransmitters: noradrenaline, serotonin and dopamine. Due to the increased concentration of these ingredients in the brain, a patient has a good mood, regular sleep, negative thoughts pass, and the symptoms of anxiety and phobia disappear.
Due to the intense sedative effect, Amitriptyline better helps to cope with the symptoms of the anxiety than other antidepressants. But unlike other identical drugs, Amitriptyline does not cause deliration, hallucinations and other side effects.
A stimulating action of Amitriptyline is weaker than a sedative. Due to this reason, patients seldom have maniac thoughts. The therapeutic effect occurs in 2 weeks and gains its maximum in 4 weeks.
Indications for the use
- Depression of any etiology
- anxiety and depression
- Mixed emotional disorders
- Behavioral disorders
- Psychogenic anorexia
- Neurogenic pain
In what dose is Amitriptyline used?
Amitriptyline in pills is used during or after meals. The depression treatment is started from the minimal dose of Amitriptyline 25 mg 3 times per day. To enhance the pharmacological action, the dose is gradually increased by 25-50 mg every 4-5 days.
The standard everyday dose of Amitriptyline is 150-200 mg. Most part of the dose is taken directly before going to bed or in the evening to improve the sleep quality.
After having a stable antidepressive effect, the dose of Amitriptyline is gradually and slowly lowered in 2-4 weeks. The dose adjustment should be during the entire therapy in order to exclude the development of the tolerance.
If neurogenic pain and migraine, it is recommended to take 25 to 100 mg of Amitriptyline per day.
The first symptoms of the overdose are convulsion, muscle stiffness, vomiting, breathing distress, and coma. Go to a doctor right away and seek for a medical aid. A patient’s state should be controlled within 5 days because relapses may happen.
- A simultaneous use of Amitriptyline with MAO inhibitors may lead to death. The interval between the uses of these drugs should be at least 2 weeks
- Amitriptyline enhances the inhibiting action of the following drugs to the central nervous system: anxiolytic, sedative drugs, anticonvulsive medicines and analgesics
- Avoid alcohol consumption during the use of Amitriptyline
- Patients with unstable blood pressure (hypertension or hypotension) should take Amitriptyline carefully
- In case of the abrupt termination of the use after the prolonged treatment, a withdrawal syndrome may occur
- Amitriptyline is contraindicated during heart failure, acute myocardial infarction, blood diseases, stomach ulcer, glaucoma, acute diseases of liver/kidneys, and atony of the urinary bladder
- Amitriptyline is not prescribed children under 6 years old and also women during pregnancy
Buy Amitriptyline online
You need a prescription to buy Amitriptyline in the pharmacies of your city. If you do not have free time to visit a doctor and you want to buy Amitriptyline without prescription, you can order this medicine in online pharmacy.
Buying Amitriptyline online, you are guaranteed a high quality of pills and a complete confidentiality. You can order Amitriptyline online without prescription in any country. The term of the shipment depends on the way and a remoteness from the pharmacy warehouse. You can find out any information by contacting an assistant of the pharmacy 24/7.