Degenerative diseases of the locomotor system are accompanied by inflammation and severe pain. Sometimes, people are not able to get up and must take anti-inflammatory products. Many patients avoid using NSAIDs because they act for a short period and often cause adverse effects. Aleve is a medicine of the new generation which is better tolerated and helps to remove inflammation and pain.
Aleve is a non-steroid anti-inflammatory drug of the prolonged action. It contains an active ingredient Naproxen – derived from naphthyl propionic acid. It provides an intense anti-inflammatory, moderate pain-relieving and antifebrile action.
In comparison with popular drugs on the Western market (Tylenol, Advil), Aleve acts longer. If the standard NSAIDs work for just 4-6 hours, a therapeutic effect of Aleve lasts for 8 to 12 hours. Due to this, a general daily dose is reduced and a risk of the development of the side effects in the gastro-intestinal tract is decreased.
The mechanism of the action of Aleve consists in the inhibition of COX enzyme. Blocking this enzyme, prostaglandins are reduced which take part in the formation of the inflammatory process.
An anti-inflammatory effect occurs in 5-7 days after beginning of the treatment. A pain-relieving action appears after the first use of the therapeutic dose of Aleve.
Indications for the use
- Treatment of inflammatory diseases of the musculoskeletal system: rheumatoid arthritis, gouty arthritis, osteoarthritis, ankylosing spondylitis, and so on.
- Pain in the bone and muscle tissues
- Relief of pain after diagnostic medical procedures
In what dose is Aleve used?
To treat inflammatory diseases of the locomotor system, patients are recommended to take a tablet of Aleve 220 mg 2 times per day (with the interval of 10-12 hours). In case of the poor therapeutic effect, the dose of Aleve is increased, and 220 mg is used every 8 hours (3 times per day).
If migraine, a tablet of Aleve 220 mg is used.
Aleve may be used by children over 1 years but the dose is individual:
- Children at the age of 1 to 5 are prescribed 2,5 mg per 1 kg of the body weight 2-3 times per day
- Children at the age of 5 to 14 are prescribed 5 mg per 1 kg of the body weight 2-3 times per day
- Children are not recommended to take Aleve for more than 14 days at a run
Recommendations for the use
- Aleve is contraindicated during ulcer disease of stomach and duodenum in acute condition. If bleedings appear in the gastro-intestinal tract, of severe pain happens in the abdominal cavity, the treatment is terminated
- If dysfunction of the blood formation, renal failure or severe pathologies of liver, the use of Aleve is contraindicated
- Aleve is not prescribed women during pregnancy and children under one year old.
The side effects of Aleve appear seldom and are often cause by the overdose. Using Aleve may bring following side effects: tinnitus, drowsiness, stomachache, nausea, decreased platelet level, and skin rash.
Where to buy Aleve?
You can buy Aleve online from any country. Placing an order will take 5-7 minutes. You can pay for Aleve online with the help of a bank card VISA or MasterCard without leaving the house.
If you decided to buy Aleve online for the first time, contact a representative of the online pharmacy to get information about the shipment ways, payment and discounts available for Aleve online. Information services are free of charge.
You can also contact a pharmacist of the online pharmacy while buying Aleve online, and be informed how to take Aleve without prescription and how to avoid side effects.